Friday, July 28, 2006

Any Colour You Like

I regret That in
The time we spent together
I never asked
“What’s your favourite colour?”
(Or is that “favorite color” ? I spell badly when
I speak on this continent.)
Perhaps we were too busy
Drinking in the light of some
Distant star
To determine the hue that
Most pleases you.
(Mine is grey, by the way.
(Grey or gray?))
Or maybe we did not care
To pause while chasing dream-drunk
Turtles in the Valley,
Or were we too engrossed
In sending our thoughts
Sailing
Through treacherous tides?

But as speculation lays truth bare
I have reached the conclusion
That you (and I)
Simply did not care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this a lot. Its very well written.

earthbound misfit said...

That you (and I)
Simply did not care.

very clever,with the brackets.the music was paused to read this.